Wednesday, February 23, 2005

2004 Election: I need the data!

Today, I'm trekking to the Providence Board of Canvassers where I have been trying to get individual election results for the last three months. We'll see if they have the figures. If they do, then I will be performing some analysis on these in order to determine how effective the Citizen Education Campaign, and initiative of the Cathedral of Life Christian Assembly, was in 2004. For those interested, post any analysis you'd like to see and if it's manageable, I'll try to get to it. But first, the PBC has to have the figures ready!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ruminator said...

As I suspected, my excitement was shortcircuited when I went to the Board of Canvassers.
I had expected the Administrator to tell me 'well we're still just a couple of weeks away from getting all the information updated.' But the response I got was very surprising.

The Administrator was on vacation. Ok, so a February vacation is not so strange, I guess. But she's on a 2 month vacation!! Yes, two months.
I will go back later today and see where they stand in terms of getting this information to me. However, I had a specific request and hope that it hasn't been misplaced since I made the arrangements and request with her.

2/24/2005 09:06:00 AM  
Blogger Ruminator said...

And the cat came back, he wouldn't go away.....


Well, there's good news and bad.

Good news is, the Board of Canvassers has all individuals who voted in Nov 04 in their database.

Bad news, it's going to be Wednesday when I get the disks I need.

Patience is a virtue, don't you know.

2/25/2005 08:36:00 AM  
Blogger Ruminator said...

Well...looks like it will be one more day before I can get the results.

George Smith, of the Board of Canvassers, is working tirelessly to help me out.

Unfortunately, with the new system there are some kinks.

3/02/2005 01:08:00 PM  
Blogger Ruminator said...

Well...looks like it will be one more day before I can get the results.

George Smith, of the Board of Canvassers, is working tirelessly to help me out.

Unfortunately, with the new system there are some kinks.

3/02/2005 01:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home