Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Oh Man!

So where's the daily posting you promised, Don? Answer: Still looking for that laptop. Anyway, so Dubya has offered up his second helping of a Supreme Court Nominee in the guise of Harriet Meirs(sp?). If you're like me, you're tired of the pomp and circumstance surrounding the nominee. I read many varying headlines yestderday. Bush taps loyalist to sit on Supreme Court. Non-judge nominated by Bush Former Texas Lottery Commissioner appointed to replace O'Connor The bias was so latent in the headlines, I skipped reading much of the details. When will our media stop trying to spin every little story? I guess never, but we have to expect and demand more. On merits, John Roberts is an excellent choice for Chief Justice. I don't know enough about Meirs to say the same. But, will we get the chance to know her or will we get spin... The Spin Doctors disbanded in the late 90s if I recall, but mainstream media is really doing a good job headlining the revival tour.

2 Comments:

Blogger Silas said...

I think she'll be just fine as a justice.
Umm, the PJ had a bias headline? I guess thats to be expected. I just don't get it anymore. But I think I heard recently that newspaper scer. are go down rapidly . Again, no surprise.

10/06/2005 09:23:00 AM  
Blogger Kannafoot said...

Actually, you can't buy better entertainment than we're getting on this one. It's a script that would be too far fetched even for Hollywood. We have an evangelical Christian that the right doesn't think is conservative enough, is supported by the moderate left, and has made donations to Al Gore's campaign. And all this is before the Senate hearings start! Pass me the popcorn because I'm enjoying this one.

10/09/2005 07:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home